Schedule regular maintenance
Keep your septic system running smoothly and avoid costly repairs with a few simple tips from the experts. At VSE Septic Services LLC, we're always happy to answer your questions and help in any way we can, so don't hesitate to give us a call if you need any assistance!
Have your system inspected every 1-2 years and pumped out every 3-5 years or more frequently, depending on tank size, type, and number of people using the system.
We're always happy to answer your questions regarding our septic systems.
When you have the tank pumped, draw a diagram or map showing its location in relation to fixed points, like corners of the house or fence posts. Keep this sketch with your records.
Do not flush cat litter, coffee grounds, diapers, towelettes (even the "flushable" kind), cigarette butts, tampons, condoms, grease, dental floss, baby wipes, paints, thinners, pesticides, oils, medicines, or excessive household chemicals.
Install risers / extensions on septic tank lids that are buried more than 6 inches. This makes them easier to locate and prevents a contractor from tearing up your yard when they're in need of service.
- Add a barrier to prevent anyone from driving over the drain field.
- Divert down spouts and other surface water away from the drain field.
- Don't dig, build, or plant anything other than grass over the drain field.
- Reduce the amount of wastewater that must be treated and disposed of by your system.
- Don't use a garbage disposal. It adds up to 50% more solids to your septic tank, leading to more frequent
- Wash no more than 1 - 2 loads of laundry daily. Up to 53 gallons of water flood your system with each load.
- Fix leaky faucets and toilets. Over time, they send hundreds of extra gallons of water through your system.
- Use low-flow fixtures and appliances whenever possible.
Keep good records, including a copy of your septic tank permit. If your home was built after 1990, your local Environmental Health office will have a copy or you can email us your info and we'll submit an open records request for your onsite septic system.
Trust VSE Septic Services LLC for all of your septic needs.
WE'RE ALWAYS HERE TO HELP
VSE Septic Services LLC is committed to making sure that you have exactly what you need, and we'll go above and beyond the call of other septic companies. We'll even track down your septic tank records for you!